Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Official Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Trial of TDoM

Go down 
+4
Cipherz
Elmo
TDoM-M_Odin
Demo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Demo
Chieftain
Chieftain
Demo

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-22

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:48 am

Yes, the acrostic is ToT.

So, for the past couple...I dunno, years?...we've been attempting to create an official TDoM maze to test the skills of mazers: standard land mazing, ice mazing, timing, cam lock, reaction, etc. However, one thing has persistently prevented this from happening: I am a lazyass. Every single time that I start up some "TDoM Initiation Maze" or "TDoM Grunt Challenge" I get through all of the fun core triggers and give up around the part where I have to actually make a maze.

So, to the point: I need help. I know Soul has been waiting around forever for me to finally do this (so he's definitely in), but I'm going to need lots of people helping me out (mostly with ideas). Nitro said he wants to collaborate on a maze and Trevor jumps at the opportunity to show me up in JASS, so I'm sure they're both in, but we need more people to help us create concepts and come up with ideas so that we can stick to what we're good at: making it work.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I (and possibly we?) need motivation to get this done. I need to know that there is a demand for this maze beyond the occasional "oh hey, is there a TDoM maze or what?" and I need pressure to get it done. I need people to come up to me and say, "Hey, I've got this idea for a map and I want you to make it work NOW."

So spread the word. Get people thinking, get them on the forums, get them talking. Hell, I might even make it a requirement to register on the forums just to enter the probationary period. Whatever it takes, we need to get this done.

Thanks a lot for your assistance. At least I know Odin won't pass up on this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.icanhascheezburger.com
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-07-26

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:46 am

Of couse I won't.

Btw, That made me laugh when I got to the end Smile
Back to top Go down
Elmo
Site Master
Site Master

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-07-24

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:40 pm

Demo wrote:
Nitro said he wants to collaborate on a maze and Trevor jumps at the opportunity to show me up in JASS, so I'm sure they're both in,

Caught me there.

What we could do (once we got more activity) is hold a contest, where people make one maze level in world editor (we will provide them with triggers, but it won't be mandatory to use ours). Then we take all the good levels that were made, and then put them all into the TDoM maze. People whose mazes were used will get credit (maybe a special rank on the site or something), and the BEST section will get a prize of sorts (Shaman in the clan, a super-special site rank... I dunno.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.clantdom.darkbb.com
Cipherz

Cipherz

Number of posts : 70

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:56 pm

Super special!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragonmount.com/
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:11 pm

Like Demo or like... --> afro flower special...special?
Extreme!
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Yarly.
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:20 pm

I want a sig like yours :'(... LILLYYYY make me a siggy like cipphyz!...jk
but anyways o.o...HI!
Back to top Go down
Elmo
Site Master
Site Master

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Ciph this isn't clan time... Try putting like, 2 seconds of effort into your posts, at least.
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 12:44 am

You're the one that begged me to join (I can quote Xfire if needed). This is what you get for leashing me upon this poor excuse of a forum!

The Trial of TDoM Funny-pictures-angry-cat-curses-you
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:18 pm

So you steal the picture from Demo's favorite site Very Happy? Good idea.
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Demo stopped using lolcats awhile ago Sad.
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:18 pm

<.<...Look in his profile at his website that pic is straight from icanhzcheeseburger!

Probly from everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Elmo
Site Master
Site Master

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:11 am

Demo wrote:
Yes, the acrostic is ToT.

Wait... We're abbreviating abbreviations now?
Cause ToTDoM would make more sense... but yeah.

Oh, and you mean acronym. An acrostic would be this:
E xcellent
L ovely
M anly
O verwhelming beautiful

ANYWAYS.
Demo, remember long... long ago, when I was making "Maze of Orcish People"? Well, assuming I still have the map, I should edit it into a masterpiece that we could call the TDoM test maze. Brilliant? Yes.
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:19 am

Elizabeth it is in vain you say
"Love not" — thou sayest it in so sweet a way:
In vain those words from thee or L.E.L.
Zantippe's talents had enforced so well:
Ah! if that language from thy heart arise,
Breath it less gently forth — and veil thine eyes.
Endymion, recollect, when Luna tried
To cure his love — was cured of all beside —
His follie — pride — and passion — for he died.
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:49 am

Ignoring what Cipherz said. *cough* fag *cough*
Sounds like a good idea, Elmo. Assumining the map is hard and great like your mom after a dirty movie.
ANYWAYS.
HI Smile
Post Count +1!
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:30 am

How is the Dutch national anthem dirty?
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:34 am

I think you mean the Douche National Anthem, What a dirty dirty DIRTY movie...I thought it was "Dutch" at first, too...Then things got a little sticky.
Back to top Go down
Frigley
Peon
Peon

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-27

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:43 am

Ok so i had nothing better to do during an hour car ride then to thenkn of map ideas. Sad? yes, but here are some ideas i came up with (if you want ideas on levels to add to the maze elmo has already created).
By the way, I am pretty sure half the ideas I came up with cannot be created in map maker but since I have never made a map in my life, I don't have to figure in realisticness and plausibility into my ideas ^.^

1. A level that does not allow you to travel backwards. For instance, the tiles turn to grass/snow when walked over once. To make the level more effective however, there would have to be rather challenging obstacles that must be observed in advance in order to be able to complete the level. This would test wether or not the testee could think in advance or if he can think rapidly and adapt to his current situation.

2a. A level that tests whether our mazers can react to real life situations. By that I mean massive distractions in the form of text that would fill up half the screen or so. I have had to deal with this many times *cough* Cam, Demo, Odin *cough*

2b. An ice level that has distractions in the form of pausing about 1ce every 5 seconds.

2c. Last real life situation. A level in which the testee experiences 1-2 seconds delay. This test would ensure that the testee is not only good when he hosts.

Well thats it for now. I'll post some more ideas if you guys need.
Back to top Go down
Elmo
Site Master
Site Master

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:07 am

Frigley wrote:
By the way, I am pretty sure half the ideas I came up with cannot be created in map maker but since I have never made a map in my life, I don't have to figure in realisticness and plausibility into my ideas ^.^
If you can think it, WE can do it. It's the map makers that are too lazy to get it to work, lol.

Frigley wrote:
1. A level that does not allow you to travel backwards. For instance, the tiles turn to grass/snow when walked over once. To make the level more effective however, there would have to be rather challenging obstacles that must be observed in advance in order to be able to complete the level. This would test wether or not the testee could think in advance or if he can think rapidly and adapt to his current situation.
Easy to do, good idea I think.

Frigley wrote:
2a. A level that tests whether our mazers can react to real life situations. By that I mean massive distractions in the form of text that would fill up half the screen or so. I have had to deal with this many times *cough* Cam, Demo, Odin *cough*
... Er... Really easy.. but... I mean... I've never played a maze game that doesn't have spam?

Oh wait.

That'd be my fault.

Frigley wrote:
2b. An ice level that has distractions in the form of pausing about 1ce every 5 seconds.
LOL? That's really easy. Funny. And mean.
I love it.

Frigley wrote:
2c. Last real life situation. A level in which the testee experiences 1-2 seconds delay. This test would ensure that the testee is not only good when he hosts.
Hard to program, but possible (already planned it all out in my head when I read that, would be a bitch)... Erm...
Why don't we just get Demo to host without LC?
DONE.
Back to top Go down
Demo
Chieftain
Chieftain
Demo

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:11 am

Quote :
Oh, and you mean acronym. An acrostic would be this:
E xcellent
L ovely
M anly
O verwhelming beautiful

And acrostic is just a word from an acronym.

Frig, I like your first idea, but the rest are kinda silly and unrealistic (punrony).
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:49 am

Quote :

Elmo, Could this not be done by simply using a trigger that waits 1.00 between 2.00 seconds, then move ordered unit to target point of issued order?
I tried to do this for Lily one time, She wanted a trigger that turned on delay for her.
It worked fine for me, When I made the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Elmo
Site Master
Site Master

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:14 am

No.

You'd have to really spice it up to work for flagged commands [me], and right click tappers [me], lots of stuff to account for. What you said would just.. fail... lol
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:08 am

What have I ever said that does not "fail"?
Back to top Go down
Frigley
Peon
Peon

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-27

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:13 am

Meh i just tried to think up cracked up ideas Smile
You said you wanted some so I'm just trying to do my part Wink
Back to top Go down
Demo
Chieftain
Chieftain
Demo

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 am

Oh I didn't mean it like that. I love that you posted ideas (unlike some other people [everyone]), just stating that it wouldn't really pay off to do the last ones. I really liked the first idea, though I might do a bit differently. I've been thinking of doing an ice maze somewhat to the tune of the Avalanche escape thing, where the maze "melts" and you have to skate faster than it disappears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Trial of TDoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trial of TDoM   The Trial of TDoM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Trial of TDoM
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next