Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Official Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A couple of clan ideas.

Go down 
+4
Cipherz
Greg
Elmo
TDoM-M_Odin
8 posters

What do you think of a tournament system?
Yes, It's good.
A couple of clan ideas. Vote_lcap10%A couple of clan ideas. Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
No, It's bad.
A couple of clan ideas. Vote_lcap0%A couple of clan ideas. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, It is kind of nice.
A couple of clan ideas. Vote_lcap20%A couple of clan ideas. Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Definately! It's a great idea!
A couple of clan ideas. Vote_lcap20%A couple of clan ideas. Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No way! That should never happen!
A couple of clan ideas. Vote_lcap10%A couple of clan ideas. Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
No opinion.
A couple of clan ideas. Vote_lcap40%A couple of clan ideas. Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-07-26

A couple of clan ideas. Empty
PostSubject: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:09 am

Well, There should be a few ideas for the clan. My first idea will be an official forum application for a promotion in the clan.
Having a grunt app be based on skill and passion for mazing, While having a shaman app based on skill and passion for the clan you are proud to be a part of.

And I really think we should have clan tournaments for fun, With one leader of each branch. Each week we could have a tournament on one maze between the grunts as one branch, and peons as another. The winner of the peon tournament could get a promotion in the clan and a chance to be recognized by the rest of the clan! And the winner of the grunt branch can prove he is the best among them that competed, Not acquiring a promotion, but ulimately being the champion of the tournament. Of course it would have to be the best 2/3 or 3/5 or something, Because we all know sometimes, people DO mess up.
Back to top Go down
Elmo
Site Master
Site Master

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:45 pm

TDoM-M_Odin wrote:
Well, There should be a few ideas for the clan. My first idea will be an official forum application for a promotion in the clan.
Having a grunt app be based on skill and passion for mazing, While having a shaman app based on skill and passion for the clan you are proud to be a part of.

I actually already made a quick post thingy in the Peon room section for applying to be a grunt. Just a simple thing. The reason I skipped out on a post for Shaman application is because I figure every noob in the clan will be all like "0mgZ im s0 1337 m4k3 m3 sh4m4n!!11!11". Plus in the end it's ultimately Demo's decision, and I think he is able to make that decision without an application.

TDoM-M_Odin wrote:
And I really think we should have clan tournaments for fun, With one leader of each branch. Each week we could have a tournament on one maze between the grunts as one branch, and peons as another. The winner of the peon tournament could get a promotion in the clan and a chance to be recognized by the rest of the clan! And the winner of the grunt branch can prove he is the best among them that competed, Not acquiring a promotion, but ulimately being the champion of the tournament. Of course it would have to be the best 2/3 or 3/5 or something, Because we all know sometimes, people DO mess up.

Only problem I would have with this is really time coordination. Believe it or not, it's hard to get two specific people online at the same time. With this tournament, we'd have to get two specific people online... Several times. Other than coordination, it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clantdom.darkbb.com
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Yes, What I was thinking for this was that we have a tournament section to the forum where people may signup, And clarify the time of the tournaments for if they could or could not sign up. So it would not be a whole random time thing, It would be a set time on a specific time-zone.

If the player is not able to come, They should notify a moderator so they may be taken off the list for that week.
Back to top Go down
Greg
Grunt
Grunt
Greg

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:28 am

TDoM-M_Odin wrote:
Yes, What I was thinking for this was that we have a tournament section to the forum where people may signup, And clarify the time of the tournaments for if they could or could not sign up. So it would not be a whole random time thing, It would be a set time on a specific time-zone.

If the player is not able to come, They should notify a moderator so they may be taken off the list for that week.
The Old clan it was really random times.

0mgZ im s0 1337 m4k3 m3 sh4m4n!!11!11
Hehe XD Lolx.
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Yes, I know..When everyone was online. So it could never be efficeintly done as a contest/tournament because they all wanted to watch the shamans and chieftain do their thing. And try to show off doing "cool" things rather than doing their best.
Back to top Go down
Elmo
Site Master
Site Master

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:37 pm

TDoM-M_Odin wrote:
Yes, I know..When everyone was online. So it could never be efficeintly done as a contest/tournament because they all wanted to watch the shamans and chieftain do their thing. And try to show off doing "cool" things rather than doing their best.

Then there was me, that was naturally bad >_>
I'm better now!!! Still pretty bad though... I'm here cause I make good maps >_<
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:01 pm

Elmo wrote:
Then there was me, that was naturally bad >_>
I'm better now!!! Still pretty bad though... I'm here cause I make good maps >_<

Heh, I'm not that good of a mazer either, I'm here also because I am a decent mapper and I enjoy the TDoM community along with helping them.
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:54 pm

TDoM-M_Odin wrote:

Pssh... The shamans and chieftains don't maze, they usually do one of the following: Photoshop, writing script for bots, kill themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragonmount.com/
Elmo
Site Master
Site Master

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Cipherz wrote:
Pssh... The shamans and chieftains don't maze, they usually do one of the following: Photoshop, writing script for bots, kill themselves.

Not true... Demo mazes, like, all the time Razz
Back when my USWest was working he used to ask me to play a bunch of different maze games like every day.
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:19 pm

How does your USWest not work? Are you banned or something?
And Cip, Demo mazes quite often.
I can't say the same for Lily and Mr. Applesauce.(Nitro)
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:20 am

Demo doesn't maze, he forcibly scripts his computer to do it for him.
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:44 am

It is still Demo mazing, As Demo refers to the account Democratus/TDoM-C_Demo and the person Kurt...
It appears as if he mazes, Therefore he mazes.
I win. You lose!!!!!!!

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Back to top Go down
Demo
Chieftain
Chieftain
Demo

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:52 am

Who was the one killing themselves? I got Lily photoshopping and myself (and possibly Nitro/Soul?) mapping, but not really sure where the suicidal intentions come in...

As far as tournaments, it'll be controlled through my bot the same way I will be controlling current map hosts. It'll have a temporary database during run-time showing any current tournaments/games being hosted and once I shut down the bot it'll all be saved to a text file to be referenced later. Any time you wish to look up a tournament or post a new one you may do so through the bot or post it up on the site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.icanhascheezburger.com
Cipherz

Cipherz

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:11 am

Lily kills herself Sad. Will tournaments hold any true standing? Or just for bragging rights?
Back to top Go down
Demo
Chieftain
Chieftain
Demo

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:13 am

By "standing" do you mean "TOURNY POINTS"?! Because YES, you will get fabulous TOURNY POINTS by winning tournaments!!! Get enough, and you might even get MORE TOURNY POINTS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:34 am

It's my dream come true!

A couple of clan ideas. Funny-pictures-cat-suggests-playtime
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:42 am

Lol, Demo you're...silly? I want the most tourny points like I have the most posts! Woot! I'm a dedicated SPAMMER!
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Grunt
Grunt
Dragon

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Bet i can spam more than u =P
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Avatar
Peon
Peon
TDoM-M_Avatar

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Dragon you may be able to spam way more than odin but when he does it it is really stupid and hularious
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:40 pm

I seriously doubt that.
Macros = Win.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Grunt
Grunt
Soul

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:12 pm

(Hasn't even read any of the existing posts)

When me and Lord started TIME, we tried doing tournaments. People really liked them (at least I think). We only had one REAL tournament, but everybody had a blast. Except, it is hard to manage the tournament (hosters, time, day when everybody is on). We must solve those problems.
Back to top Go down
Demo
Chieftain
Chieftain
Demo

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Bot bot bot bot bot.

Since I don't want the bot to flood, it will only be limited to really big events (we may have a lot more posted on the forums), but we can use the bot to manage time issues (like when you ask what time something is the bot will automatically convert time zones) and display whom has signed up as a host and player, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple of clan ideas.   A couple of clan ideas. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A couple of clan ideas.
Page 1 of 1