Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Official Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eulogy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cipherz

Cipherz

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:13 am

I stand before you today the representative of a family in grief, in a country in mourning, before a world in shock. We are all united not only in our desire to pay our respects to [clan TDoM], but rather in our need to do so.

For such was her extraordinary appeal that the tens of millions of people taking part in this service all over the world via television and radio who never actually met her, feel that they, too, lost someone close to them in the early hours of Sunday morning. It is a more remarkable tribute to [clan TDoM] than I can ever hope to offer her today.

[Clan TDoM] was the very essence of compassion, of duty, of style, of beauty. All over the world she was a symbol of selfless humanity, a standard-bearer for the rights of the truly downtrodden, a truly [white trash forum] who transcended nationality, something with a natural nobility who was classless, who proved in the last year that she needed no royal title to continue to generate her particular brand of magic.

Today is our chance to say "thank you" for the way you brightened our lives, even though God granted you but half a life. We will all feel cheated that you were taken from us so young and yet we must learn to be grateful that you came along at all.

Only now you are gone do we truly appreciate what we are now without and we want you to know that life without you is very, very difficult.

We have all despaired at our loss over the past week and only the strength of the message you gave us through your years of giving has afforded us the strength to move forward.

There is a temptation to rush to canonize your memory. There is no need to do so. You stand tall enough as a human being of unique qualities not to need to be seen as a saint. Indeed to sanctify your memory would be to miss out on the very core of your being, your wonderfully mischievous sense of humor with the laugh that bent you double, your joy for life transmitted wherever you took your smile, and the sparkle in those unforgettable eyes, your boundless energy which you could barely contain.

But your greatest gift was your intuition, and it was a gift you used wisely. This is what underpinned all your wonderful attributes. And if we look to analyze what it was about you that had such a wide appeal, we find it in your instinctive feel for what was really important in all our lives.

Without your God-given sensitivity, we would be immersed in greater ignorance at the anguish of AIDS and HIV sufferers, the plight of the homeless, the isolation of lepers, the random destruction of land mines. [Clan TDoM] explained to me once that it was her innermost feelings of suffering that made it possible for her to connect with her constituency of the rejected.

And here we come to another truth about her. For all the status, the glamour, the applause, [clan TDoM] remained throughout a very insecure person at heart, almost childlike in her desire to do good for others so she could release herself from deep feelings of unworthiness of which her eating disorders were merely a symptom. The world sensed this part of her character and cherished her for her vulnerability, whilst admiring her for her honesty.

Fundamentally she hadn't changed at all from the big sister who mothered me as a baby, fought with me at school and endured those long train journeys between our parents' homes with me at weekends. It is a tribute to her level-headedness and strength that despite the most bizarre life imaginable after her childhood, she remained intact, true to herself.

I don't think she ever understood why her genuinely good intentions were sneered at by the media, why there appeared to be a permanent quest on their behalf to bring her down. It is baffling. My own, and only, explanation is that genuine goodness is threatening to those at the opposite end of the moral spectrum. It is a point to remember that of all the ironies about [clan TDoM, perhaps the greatest is this; There were more active posters, yet it still ended quicker.]

She would want us today to pledge ourselves to protecting her beloved boys, [TIME and Stealth], from a similar fate. And I do this here, [TDoM], on your behalf. We will not allow them to suffer the anguish that used regularly to drive you to tearful despair.

[TIME and Stealth], we all care desperately for you today. We are all chewed up with sadness at the loss of a [forum] who wasn't even our mother. How great your suffering is we cannot even imagine.

I would like to end by thanking God for the small mercies he has shown us at this dreadful time; for taking [TDoM] at her most beautiful and radiant and when she had so much joy in her private life.

Above all, we give thanks for the life of a forum I am so proud to be able to call my forum: the unique the complex, the extraordinary and irreplaceable TDoM, whose beauty, both internal and external, will never be extinguished from our minds.

(A little mad libs ftw)

Last edited by Cipherz on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragonmount.com/
Demo
Chieftain
Chieftain
Demo

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:41 am

Well written, but not well wrought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.icanhascheezburger.com
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

Number of posts : 137

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:41 pm

What a fucking retard. LOOK AT ME, I'M THE RETARD?
Cip. You need to stop being so narrow-minded. You only see one of tens of millions of sides.
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:06 am

Narrow-minded? Wha? Elaborate please Odin. Since when does my being "narrow minded" have to do with my writing (Well... not really) a eulogy?

I only began to have animosity towards you when you called Demo a "fucking failure"... Before that you were just irritating.

And Leonard Nimoy
can't stand up to this
And Captain James T. Kirk
bows beneath my fists
And I am awesome
awesome
I am the awesomest.
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:41 pm

Cipherz, You're one of the dumbest smart people I have ever met.
Arrogance blinds you to the fact that I am genius, and I don't show-off in the way you attempt to.
I simply tell people the truth, Cause disruption, Simply experiment with peoples moods on the "internet".
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Haha hehe hoho haha.

Paradox: A paradox can be an apparently true statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which defies intuition; or it can be, seemingly opposite, an apparent contradiction that actually expresses a non-dual truth (cf. Koan). Typically, either the statements in question do not really imply the contradiction, the puzzling result is not really a contradiction, or the premises themselves are not all really true or cannot all be true together. The word paradox is often used interchangeably with contradiction. Often, mistakenly, it is used to describe situations that are ironic. A great example is hating cucumbers, hating yogurt, but loving tzatziki sauce. (Wikipedia)

And you'll die for your crimes, sign of the times
Master of endless lies
Back to top Go down
TDoM-M_Odin
Grunt
Grunt
TDoM-M_Odin

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:52 pm

That's exactly what I am talking about. I have no need to explain myself for calling you dumb, As you've done more than prove my point and gone far beyond my expectations as far as being a dumb-ass goes.
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:15 am

This is way too much internet drama, so I've decided to tone it down some.

We ain't got no place to go
So let's go to the punk rock show
Darling take me by the hand
We're gonna see a punk rock band
There's no use in tv shows
Radio or rodeo
I wanna get into the crowd
and I wanna hear it played real loud!

Last edited by Cipherz on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cipherz

Cipherz

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 am

This isn't as good as the recording Smile. If you want the good version ask me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eulogy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eulogy   Eulogy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eulogy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Official Forums :: Community :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: